HacknPlan can be integrated with Slack in order to receive notifications about the activity of your projects, so you can centralize your team communications in one place. The integration allows you to configure different kinds of notifications and different verbosity levels, and connect them with different channels or direct messages to adjust it to your specific needs.
You can integrate Slack from the project Administration -> Integrations section. Click on the + button on the Slack panel, and you will be redirected to select your Slack workspace and authorize the integration for a specific channel or DM.
Once authorized, you will be redirected back to HacknPlan. Now you can see a new integration in the Slack panel. Click on the ellipsis icon of the integration to open the menu, and click “Edit”. In the configuration, there are several select boxes that will help you define which notifications will be received in Slack:
- Category: This option will limit the task notifications for this integrations to a specific category, or all if “All categories” is selected. This is ideal for creating different integrations for different categories and send notifications for specific channels or people. You can create channels like #art, #programming… and send their own notifications there, this way you avoid bothering people with notifications they don’t care about.
- General notifications: These are notifications related to the general management of the project, boards, configuration…
- Development notifications: These are notifications about the activity of tasks in the current board. This is the most important notification type to get notified about tasks that are currently in progress.
- Planning notifications: These are notifications about the activity of tasks in the backlog or future boards. This notification type is especially recommended for admins or project owners.
- Game Design Model notifications: These are notifications about the creation and edition of design elements, ideal for admins and designers.
All the four notification configurations have the following options:
- Disabled: No notifications of the specific type will be sent.
- Normal: Only the most relevant notifications will be sent. Recommended for most cases.
- Verbose: All notifications will be sent. We don’t recommend this option except for logging or intense monitoring purposes due to the high number of notifications that can be sent.