It has been a while since we announced our intentions of releasing an API for our service, but it is finally here, we hope it is worth the wait. This first one is a public beta version of the API which, even though it contains most of the functionality of our service, still has some important stuff coming before it hits the first long-term stable version. The fact that it is a beta doesn’t mean you can’t start building your own automation scripts, tools and integrations, you only have to keep an eye on our updates, because some breaking changes may happen before we hit the first official release. However, we don’t recommend to distribute products that use this API yet, wait to v1 so the API is more stable and fully featured, but you can definitely start working on them and also build stuff for your own usage.
This beta version of the API contains:
- All the operations to read and manage your projects, including work items, the game design models, board, milestones, categories, stages…
- Support for uploading and downloading files.
- Webhook management and basic information.
- Read-only access to workspace information.
- Authentication and authorization via API Keys.
- JSON request bodies and responses.
What will be included in v1:
- Workspace management.
- Authentication and authorization via OAuth2.
- Account management and configuration.
- Advanced API and Webhook usage data and metrics.
- We’ll be open to suggestions, so don’t be shy.
What we don’t plan to support in the API at the moment:
- Account creation and deletion.
- Subscription management, payments…
We don’t have a deadline for v1 yet but we plan to keep working extensively on the API, listening to your experiences with it and your suggestions, so we hope it will be soon.
For more information about how our API works, you can start by taking a look at the documentation and reference: