HacknPlan allows you to attach files of any kind to tasks and game design elements, like screenshots of how your art task is going, additional documents to enrich the definition of the task or design element, or any other file it’s relevant. Bear in mind some limitations apply depending on the tier of the account that owns the project:
- Personal: 5 MB max file size and 500 MB total storage space.
- Personal Plus: 50 MB max file size and 2 GB total storage space.
- Studio: 250 MB max file size and 5 GB per seat total storage space.
To add an attachment to your task or game design element, you have several possibilities:
- Open the task or design element, go to the Attachments page (paperclip icon) and click on the plus button. This will display a file selection dialog (you can select multiple files at once). After clicking ok or pressing Enter, the files will be uploaded and attached. If there is no visible attachment section yet, use the Add button on the header to create the first one.
- Press ‘A’ on your keyboard when your task or design element editor is open, this will redirect you to the Attachments section, then click on the desired action.
- Drag and drop files from your computer into the design element or task edition panel, this will automatically upload and attach them. If you are editing the description when doing so, the attachment will also be automatically referenced.
- Also, if you click Ctrl + V on a task or design element description when having an image in the clipboard, it will be attached and automatically referenced. This is the best way of uploading screenshots.
Premium users can also add attachments from Google Drive from the Attachments section or the task creation dialog.
Once you have attached files to your tasks or design elements, you can reference them from several places:
- Task and design element descriptions and comments: Our markdown editor allows you to reference attached files of that same entity by clicking on the paperclip icon or by entering ‘$’. This will display a menu to select the attachment you want to reference from a list. When the description is saved, the reference will be shown as a picture if the files was an image, and as a link to download for the rest of the files.
- Task cover: The image attachments can also be set as the cover picture that is shown on task cards. You set this from the Attachment section on the task or design element editor, by clicking on the ellipsis icon and then in Display on card.
Since limits to storage exist, we provide a file manager that helps you see how much storage is used for the project and give you the possibility of freeing up some space if needed without having to go task by task. Click on a file to see a detailed description. You can find this section in Administration -> Storage.